[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 13 aprile, Andrea Signori

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Gio 8 Apr 2021 17:11:01 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F.
Casorati" e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia,

Martedì 13 aprile 2021, alle ore 15 precise, il Dott. Andrea Signori
(Università di Pavia) terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Mechanical model for tumour growth: mathematical analysis and optimal therapies

Il seminario si terrà su Zoom al link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

Abstract.
Over the last decades, great strides have been made by the
mathematical and medical communities towards the understanding of
solid tumor growth. In this talk, we aim at providing some
mathematical insights for a macroscopic mechanical model for tumour
growth in which cell-cell adhesion effects are taken into account with
the help of a Ginzburg-Landau type energy. In the overall model an
equation of Cahn-Hilliard type is coupled to the system of linear
elasticity and a reaction-diffusion equation for a nutrient
concentration.
After fixing some ideas concerning modelling, we address some selected
well-posedness results, and lastly, we discuss an optimal control
problem. We seek optimal controls in the form of a boundary nutrient
supply, as well as concentrations of cytotoxic and antiangiogenic
drugs that minimise a cost functional involving mechanical stresses.
Special attention is given to sparsity effects, where with the
inclusion of convex non-differentiable regularisation terms to the
cost functional, we can infer from the first-order optimality
conditions that the optimal drug concentrations can vanish on certain
time intervals.
This is a joint work with Harald Garcke (University of Regensburg) and
Kei Fong Lam (Hong Kong Baptist University).

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/