[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - A. Girelli (Thursday 4/03)

Francesca Cottini f.cottini2 a campus.unimib.it
Gio 25 Feb 2021 12:49:31 CET

 As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, Alberto
Girelli, PhD student at the University of Milano-Bicocca, will deliver an
online talk. Here the details:

*Date and time*: *4th March **2021, 2:00 pm*

*Title*:
*"Quasilinear hyperbolic system of balance laws for modeling blood flow"*

*Abstract*: The widespread recognition that mathematical models and
numerical simulations can aid in a better understanding of the
physiological process motivates the effort and the interest about this type
of models. In this talk we will introduce briefly the theory of the
hyperbolic system of balance laws and we will apply this mathematical
theory to study a one-dimensional model for blood flow. We will focus on
the physical and physiological  aspects which are arising from the
mathematical expressions but some technical details will still be given.

*Keywords*: hyperbolic system, balance laws, mathematical modeling.

The event will be held via Google Meet platform at the following link:
https://meet.google.com/wai-seix-ijk

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini