[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - E. Colosi (reminder)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Gio 10 Giu 2021 10:37:30 CEST

Dear all,

as a part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, we remind
you that today there will be a seminar held by Elisabetta Colosi (Sorbonne
Université - Inserm, EPIcx Lab). Here the details:

*Google Meet access link*: meet.google.com/gkp-zuys-dqd

*Date and time*: *10th June **2021, 2:00 pm*

*Speaker*: *Elisabetta Colosi (Sorbonne Université - Inserm, EPIcx Lab) *

*Title*: *"COVID-19 modeling and testing strategies at schools: behind the
scenes"*

*Abstract*: Different governments around the world proposed school closures
as a first measure to stop viral spreading of SARS-COV-2 virus, especially
during the first wave. However, prioritizing education recovery is crucial
to avoid a generational crisis, as pointed out in the high-level
ministerial meeting  of the Global Covid-19 Education Coalition in March
2021. What kind of alternative measures to school closures can be
implemented to avoid educational disruption and control the epidemic
activity? In this talk, we will answer this question using an epidemic
model designed to study transmission dynamics in school settings and
evaluate a range of screening strategies with the aim of helping national
educational systems in the management of COVID-19.

*Keywords*: Temporal high-resolution data - Agent based Model - testing
mitigation strategies - school setting.

*** We inform you that this talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the seminar after the starting time, we kindly ask you
to ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

We are looking forward to seeing you.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini