[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - C. Mauri (Thursday 18/03)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Ven 12 Mar 2021 10:42:17 CET

As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, Chiara Mauri,
PhD student at the Technical University of Denmark, will deliver an online
talk. Here the details:

*Date and time*: *18th March **2021, 2:00 pm*

*Title*: *"*Generative Bayesian Models for Brain Age Prediction
*"*

*Abstract*: Our brain continuously develops and changes during life-time
and recent researches show that we can predict a subject’s age right from
his/her brain scan. This brain-based predicted age measures our biological
age, which may differ from the chronological age. Since some neurological
diseases, e.g. Alzheimer, Multiple Sclerosis and Schizophrenia, are known
to cause an accelerated brain aging, predicting a subject’s brain age is a
useful screening tool to early detect the onset of such diseases. While the
majority of methods in the literature for brain age prediction are
discriminative models, the prediction method that we propose is a
generative Bayesian model, which yields interpretable predictions. The main
features and challenges of such models will be discussed.

*Keywords*: brain age, generative models, Bayesian inference, prediction
models.

The event will be held via Google Meet platform at the following link:
meet.google.com/kvn-faoh-myn

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini
RispondiInoltra