[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - G. Audone (reminder)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Gio 13 Maggio 2021 10:30:37 CEST

Dear all,

as a part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, we remind
you that today there will be a seminar held by Gianluca Audone (University
of Bath - National Physical Laboratory). Here the details:

*Google Meet access link*: meet.google.com/bjq-qmkq-fkv

*Date and time*:  *13th May **2021, 2:00 pm*

*Speaker*: *Gianluca Audone (University of Bath - National Physical
Laboratory) *

*Title*: *"Listening to the Ocean through time series"*

*Abstract*: The Earth is covered with large oceans, making up close to two
thirds of its surface. Marine ecosystems are extremely reliant on sounds,
for navigation, communication and predation. Underwater soundscapes are
increasingly affected by human activities (like shipping) and climate
change (warming oceans). In this talk, I will dive into the world of time
series, in particular those collected worldwide by the international
Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization. The starting point of our
journey will be ergodic stationary processes through which we will give a
rigorous definition of time series and overview some analysis methods. We
will apply all the notions to real world data to see how we can start
analysing time series data.

*Keywords*: Time Series, Underwater Acoustics, Climate change.

*** We inform you that this talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the seminar after the starting time, we kindly ask you
to ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

We are looking forward to seeing you.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini