[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 1 giugno, Riccarda Rossi

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Gio 27 Maggio 2021 13:34:16 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F.
Casorati" e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia,

Martedì 1 giugno 2021, alle ore 15 precise, Riccarda Rossi
(Università di Brescia) terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Jump processes as generalized gradient flows

Il seminario si terrà su Zoom al link:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

Abstract.
The approach à la Jordan-Kinderlehrer-Otto to a vast class of
evolutionary problems, interpreted as gradient flows in Wasserstein
spaces, was extended by Maas and Mielke to Markov chains via the
introduction of Benamou-Brenier type distances. Nonetheless, the study
of the microscopic origin of jump processes by means of large
deviations theory suggests that such processes possess a generalized
gradient system structure based on non-homogeneous dissipation
potentials that do not give rise to any metric structure.
This talk revolves around the generalized gradient flow structure that
we have proposed for these processes in collaboration with Mark
Peletier, Giuseppe Savaré  and Oliver Tse. To build it, we have
introduced a suitable “dynamical-variational” transport cost that
induces a notion of length. Based on it, we can set forth an extended
version of the  Minimizing Movement scheme. We  show the convergence
of the discrete solutions arising from the time-incremental
minimization scheme to a  curve fulfilling a suitable “non-metric”
gradient flow formulation for the original jump process.

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/