[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedě 12 ottobre, Marco Bresciani

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Ven 8 Ott 2021 15:23:59 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F.
Casorati" e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia.

Martedě 12 ottobre 2021, alle ore 15 precise, presso l'aula Beltrami
del Dipartimento di Matematica,
Marco Bresciani (TU Wien & Uni Wien) terrŕ un seminario dal titolo:

A reduced model for plates arising as low energy Γ-limit in nonlinear
magnetoelasticity.

Il seminario verrŕ anche trasmesso in diretta su zoom al link
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

Abstract.
We investigate the problem of dimension reduction for plates in
nonlinear magnetoelasticity. The model features a mixed
Eulerian-Lagrangian formulation, as magnetizations are defined on the
deformed set in the actual space. We consider low-energy
configurations by rescaling the elastic energy according to the
linearized von Kármán regime. First, we identify a reduced model by
computing the Γ-limit of the magnetoelastic energy, as the thickness
of the plate goes to zero. Then, we address the convergence of almost
miminizers of the total energy including applied loads given by
mechanical forces and external magnetic fields. Finally, we consider
quasistatic evolutions driven by time-dependent applied loads and a
rate-independent dissipation, and we prove that energetic solutions of
the bulk model converge to energetic solutions of the reduced model.
This result provides a further justification of the latter in the
spirit of evolutionary Γ-convergence. This is joint work with Martin
Kruzík (Czech Academy of Science).

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/