[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - N. David (07/04)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Lun 4 Apr 2022 14:45:58 CEST

 As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, *Noemi David*,
PhD student at the Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions - Sorbonne Université,
will deliver a talk.
The seminar will be held online and, according to the current Covid
regulations, it will also be broadcast in room 3014 *(more information
below)*

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *7th April 2022, 2:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: *"On the incompressible limit for tumor growth models including
nutrients and convective effects**"*

*Abstract*: Both compressible and incompressible porous medium models are
used in the literature to describe the mechanical properties of living
tissues. Relying on Darcy's law, these models describe the tendency
of tumor cells to move down pressure gradients, away from highly congested
regions. These two different representations can be related using a stiff
pressure law. In the incompressible limit, the compressible model generates
a free boundary problem of Hele-Shaw type where the cell density is
saturated. In this talk, I will discuss the analysis of the incompressible
limit of a model including the effect of a nutrient (or possibly an
external drift). The main difficulty is to deduce the pressure equation in
the limit. To this end, we prove the strong compactness of the pressure
gradient, blending two techniques: an extension of the usual
Aronson-Bénilan estimate in an [image: L^2]-setting, and a sharp [image:
L^4]-uniform bound of the pressure gradient.

*Keywords*: Porous medium equation - Incompressible limit - Free boundary -
Hele-Shaw - Tumor growth.

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will also be broadcast in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca. For the traceability of persons
present in the department, reservation is mandatory. You can reserve at the
following link:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica/reservation?authuser=0
We also remind that you will be required to exhibit your green pass at the
entrance of the building.

*Information to attend online*
The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=mbbd40f861fa4038a8cda07ffd618fb2c
(*Password*: Insalate)
*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella,
Francesca Cottini, Ludovico Marini