[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - A. Cassella (21/03)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Ven 15 Apr 2022 10:00:00 CEST

 As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, *Alberto
Cassella*, PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca and
at the Universidad de Zaragoza, will deliver a talk.
According to the current Covid regulations, the seminar will be held
in a *hybrid
mode* *(more information below)*.

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *21th April 2022, 2:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: *"**GGT tapas for lunch"*

*Abstract*: In the last decades Geometric Group Theory, namely the study of
infinite groups via geometric means, has spread out. Being at the
intersection among group theory, geometry, combinatorics and much more, it
has proved  to be a very fertile approach, allowing a deep understanding of
the properties of infinite groups. During this talk the basic ideas of
geometric group theory will be introduced, together with some of the most
common tools that can be used. Some of them will be introduced using
right-angled Artin groups (RAAGs) as an example. They are one of the most
important families of groups studied in geometric group theory and various
generalizations have been defined through the years. The last part of the
talk will introduce also one of such generalizations, namely twisted
right-angled Artin groups (TRAAGs). This last part is a joint work with S.
Blumer, I. Foniqi, C. Quadrelli and T. Weigel.

*Keywords*: Geometric group theory - RAAGs - Twisted RAAGS - Graphs -
CW-complexes - Classifying spaces - Group actions

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca. Unfortunately, only a limited
number of participants is allowed in presence, hence reservation is
mandatory. You can reserve at the following link:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica/reservation?authuser=0
We also remind that you will be required to exhibit your green pass at the
entrance of the building.

*Information to attend online*
The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=mac89b2c03ba20b6967646d1a80e86238
(*Password*: Insalate)
*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella,
Francesca Cottini, Ludovico Marini