[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 3 Maggio. Paolo Gidoni e Simone Dovetta.

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Gio 28 Apr 2022 12:38:32 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F. Casorati"
e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia.

Martedì 3 Maggio 2022, alle ore 15 precise, presso l'aula Beltrami del
Dipartimento di Matematica,

Paolo Gidoni (Czech Academy of Sciences)terrà un seminario dal titolo:

The slow-actuation limit for a rate-independent model of crawling locomotione
alle ore 16 precise, presso l'aula Beltrami del Dipartimento di Matematica,

Simone Dovetta (Politecnico di Torino)terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Continuum limit of epidemiological models on graphs
I seminari verranno anche trasmessi in diretta su zoom al link
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

*Abstract Paolo Gidoni*: The quasi-static limit is a classical
approximation in the modelling of several mechanical phenomena, in which,
intuitively, the system evolves so slowly that it is assumed to be at
equilibrium at all times. A well-studied abstract family of quasi-static
evolutions is that of the so-called rate-independent systems, with several
applications in solid mechanics. In this talk we study a family of
finite-dimensional rate-independent models of crawling locomotion.  Our aim
is to illustrate how the quasi-static regime can be effectively used in the
study of certain biological and robotic locomotion strategies, and to
justify it not only by a physical, but also by a rigorous analytical
derivation as a slow-actuation limit of the dynamic evolution. We conclude
with a brief survey of related open problems.

*Abstract Simone Dovetta:* The talk discusses some new developments in the
study of epidemiological models on large networks. Precisely, we address
the asymptotic behaviour of compartmental models on graphs in the limit for
the number of nodes growing to infinity. We show how to derive rigorous
convergence results to suitable continuum models exploiting the recent
theory of graphons. We then provide numerical simulations to illustrate the
applicability of our results. This is a joint work with Blanca Ayuso de
Dios and Laura V. Spinolo.

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/