[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - G. Romani (3/02)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Gio 27 Gen 2022 12:09:11 CET

As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, *Giulio
Romani*, postdoc at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, will
deliver a talk.
According to the current Covid regulations, the seminar will be held
in a *hybrid
mode* *(more information below)*.

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *3rd February 2022, 2:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: *"**In Search of (Lost) Positivity in Elliptic PDEs"*

*Abstract*: What happens to a membrane or thin plate when they are
subjected to a weight? Do they always bend downwards regardless of their
shape? What happens if the weight is concentrated at a single point? In
this talk we will review some well-known and lesser-known results about
positivity preserving in the context of elliptic PDEs, with a focus on the
higher-order case.

*Keywords*: elliptic equations - biharmonic operator - positivity - Green
function

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca. Unfortunately, only a limited
number of participants is allowed in presence, hence reservation is
mandatory. You can reserve at the following link:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica/reservation?authuser=0
We also remind that you will be required to exhibit your green pass at the
entrance of the building.

*Information to attend online*
The seminar will be streamed via Google Meet platform at the following lin
k: meet.google.com/dwg-zmsa-vxg
*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella,
Francesca Cottini, Ludovico Marini