[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - L. Stefanello (10/03)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Ven 4 Mar 2022 10:00:00 CET

 As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, *Lorenzo
Stefanello*, PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Pisa, will
deliver a talk.
The seminar will be held online and, according to the current Covid
regulations, it will also be broadcast in room 3014 *(more information
below)*

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *10th March 2022, 2:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: *"Hopf algebras, Galois modules, and skew braces**"*

*Abstract*: In this talk, we deal with a quite recent and active area of
Mathematics connecting different theories by mean of apparently distant
topics: Hopf algebras (abstract algebra), Galois modules (number theory),
and skew braces (group theory). For each part we give the main definitions,
we overview the important results and connections with the other topics,
and we present open problems and directions.
At the end, we briefly discuss about a joint work with A. Caranti, where
some new constructions are introduced.

*Keywords*: Hopf algebras - Hopf–Galois extensions - Galois modules -
associated orders - skew braces - the Yang–Baxter equation

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will also be broadcast in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca. For the traceability of persons
present in the department, reservation is mandatory. You can reserve at the
following link:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica/reservation?authuser=0
We also remind that you will be required to exhibit your green pass at the
entrance of the building.

*Information to attend online*
The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m1fe93efc8e4f946ea70f4846a24df073
(*Password*: Insalate)
*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella,
Francesca Cottini, Ludovico Marini