[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - A. Zheng 30/11/22

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 30 Nov 2022 09:00:00 CET

Dear all,

We remind you the upcoming talk of "Insalate di Matematica".
Here the details:

*Speaker*: Angelina Zheng (Università degli Studi Roma Tre)

*Date and time*: *30th of November 2022, 4:15 pm (CET) *

*Information to attend*
*In presence*: The seminar will be streamed in room 3014, at the building
U5-Ratio, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.
*Online*: The seminar will be delivered via Webex platform at the following
link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=mf2feceafaba6cb885e0b5a01adbec98f
(Password: Insalate (46725283 from phones))

*Title*: "Stable cohomology of the moduli space of trigonal curve"

*Abstract*: The moduli space of algebraic curves is a central object in
algebraic geometry. The idea behind this space is that it answers to a
classification problem, by allowing us to classify algebraic curves up to
isomorphisms. Nonetheless, the geometry of this space is rather abstract
and subtle, and only few general statements are known. The aim of this talk
is to discuss some moduli spaces of genus g curves, such as trigonal
curves, from the point of view of one of the most important topological
invariants, their rational cohomology. In general, their full cohomology
ring is still unknown, but we have a complete description for some values
of g and we will provide a description for their stable cohomology ring.
This will be done by studying the natural embedding of trigonal curves in
Hirzebruch surfaces and by using Gorinov-Vassiliev's method for the
cohomology of complements of discriminants.

*Keywords*: Moduli space of curves - trigonal curves - rational cohomology
- Hirzebruch surface - Gorinov-Vassiliev's method - discriminants.

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella, Bianca Marchionna,
Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo Tarocchi, Marco
Zullino