[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - A. Sebastiani 05/04/2023

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 5 Apr 2023 10:00:00 CEST

Dear all,

We remind you the upcoming talk of "Insalate di Matematica".
Here the details:

*Speaker:*  *Andrea** Sebastiani* (Università di Bologna)

*Date and time:* *5th of April 2023, 4:00 pm (CET)*

*Information to attend*
*In presence:* The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building
U5-Ratio, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.
*Online**:* The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the
following link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m96fdd4929185aff2deb24ffaeb783180
 (Password:Insalate (46725283 from phones))
*Please note that the webex links sent in the previous email is wrong,
please use the link above to join the meeting.*

*Title**:* "Deep Learning for Inverse Problems in Imaging"

*Abstract*: In the field of imaging, inverse problems arise when attempting
to reconstruct an image from incomplete or indirect data. These problems
are usually ill-posed: reconstructing a unique solution that fits the
observations is  challenging without some prior knowledge on the underlying
data distribution. Traditional methods minimize a cost function derived by
assuming some prior statistical knowledge of data. On the contrary, deep
learning techniques try to extrapolate the solution of an inverse problem
from existing large sets of data. In many applications, building such
datasets is expensive and time-consuming.
Very recent techniques combine the two approaches in order to have deep
learning methods that do not need extensive datasets.

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/.

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Simone Blumer, Alberto Cassella, Bianca
Marchionna, Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo
Tarocchi, Marco Zullino.