[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Algebra e Geometria - 9 febbraio 2023

Lidia Stoppino stoppino a gmail.com
Mer 1 Feb 2023 14:27:31 CET

Il giorno giovedì 9 febbraio 2023

in aula Beltrami e online,

si terranno i seguenti seminari:

Ore 14,30

Antonella Grassi (Università di Bologna)

Titolo: The unreasonable effectiveness of the Schoens

Abstract: The fiber product of certain rational elliptic surfaces over P1 were first studied by Schoen in the 80s to answer (negatively) questions from string theory. Over the decades  the  “Schoens”  have provided evidence for  various conjectures as well as counterexamples to others. I will discuss  some of these conjectures, and conclude by revisiting the  quest for bounds of Calabi-Yau threefolds which motivated the original construction.

Ore 16,00

Stefano Pigola (Università di Milano-Bicocca)

Title: Positivity preservation on Riemannian manifolds with(out) controlled geometry

Abstract: T. Kato was a pioneer of the spectral theory of Schrödinger operators with singular potentials in Euclidean spaces. His great achievements rely on several celebrated tools and a lot of work has been done to transplant them to Riemannian manifolds. In this talk we shall focus on the so called “Lp Positivity Preservation” and discuss on how it is (un)related to the geometry of the underlying space. The talk is based on a joint work with Daniele Valtorta and Giona Veronelli.

Tutti gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare.
———————————

link per Zoom:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81199715217

Lidia Stoppino