[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - G. Siclari 15/2/2023

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Ven 10 Feb 2023 10:00:00 CET

Dear all,

As part of the series of seminars "Insalate di Matematica", *Giovanni
Siclari* (Universitā degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca) will give a talk.
The speaker will deliver the talk *in presence* and the meeting will also
be broadcasted *online* (see below for more information).

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *15th of February 2023, 4:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: "Monotonicity Methods for elliptic PDEs"

*Abstract*:We study unique continuation properties and the asymptotic
behaviour from a fixed
point for solutions of elliptic equations using the Monotonicity Formula
combined with
a blow-up analysis. More precisely, we will prove a doubling-type property
and use
the boundedness of the Frequency Function to find a non-trivial limit
profile. We will
illustrate these methods by means of a simple example, that is the
equation [image:
-\Delta u=fu].

*Keywords*: elliptic partial differential equations · unique continuation ·
blow-up ·
asymptotics · monotonicity formula.

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Universitā degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.
*Information to attend online *
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m3b34d12930da681deb940533a2257c69
 (Password: Insalate (46725283 from phones))

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***
You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella, Bianca Marchionna,
Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo Tarocchi, Marco
Zullino.