[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 18 Luglio. Pedro Aceves-Sanchez.

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Gio 13 Lug 2023 20:39:09 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F. Casorati"
e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia.

Martedì 18 luglio 2023, alle ore 15.00 precise, presso l'aula Beltrami del
Dipartimento di Matematica,

Pedro Aceves-Sanchez (UCLA)terrà un seminario dal titolo:

The Emergence of Vascular Networks.

Il seminario verrà anche trasmesso in diretta su zoom.

Link Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

Abstract.
The emergence of vascular networks is a long-standing problem that has been
the subject of intense research in the past decades. One of the
main reasons being the widespread applications that it has in
tissue regeneration, wound healing, cancer treatment, etc. The mechanisms
involved in the formation of vascular networks are complex and despite the
vast amount of research devoted to it, there are still, many mechanisms
involved that are poorly understood. Our aim is to bring insight into the
study of vascular networks by defining heuristic rules, as simple as
possible, and to simulate them numerically to test their relevance in the
vascularization process. We will introduce a hybrid agent-based/continuum
model coupling blood flow, oxygen flow, capillary network dynamics and
tissue dynamics. And we will show a few simulations showing the capability
of our model to capture the main features of vascular networks.

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/