[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - M. Tameni 08/03/2023

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mar 7 Mar 2023 13:00:00 CET

Dear all,

We remind you the upcoming talk of "Insalate di Matematica".
Here the details:

*Speaker*: *Marta Tameni* (Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)

*Date and time*: * 8th of March 2023, 10:00 am (CET)*

*Information to attend*

*In presence*: The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building
U5-Ratio, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Online*: The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following
link: *https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m4a399e5ea5927d731dc5f5e4fc8ea0b9
<https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m4a399e5ea5927d731dc5f5e4fc8ea0b9>*
 (Password: Insalate (46725283 from phones))

*Title*: "Axial algebras and Monster group"

*Abstract*: Finite simple groups occur naturally in certain infinite
families, there are however 26 finite simple groups which are not members
of any of them. These groups are therefore termed sporadic. The largest of
these is the Monster, the simple group of Fischer and Griess.
The only construction that we know is as an automorphism group of a 196,883
dimensional algebra (Griess algebra).
Axial algebras generalise the Griess algebra and were introduced by Hall,
Rehren and Shpectorov as a new algebraic object in order to find an easier
way to study the Monster and, in general, finite simple groups.

*Keywords*: Finite simple groups - Monster - Griess algebra - axial algebras

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/.

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Simone Blumer, Alberto Cassella, Bianca
Marchionna, Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo
Tarocchi, Marco Zullino.