[Dottorcomp] Geometry & Topology seminars at Unimib

Andrea Galasso andrea.galasso a unimib.it
Mer 10 Maggio 2023 08:49:50 CEST

Dear all,

As a part of "Geometry & Topology seminars at Unimib", it is our pleasure
to announce the speaker:
*Weixia Zhu (University of Vienna)*.
The speaker will deliver the talk *online* via Webex platform and the
meeting will be *streamed also in room 3014*, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Date and time*: 17th of May 2023, 14.00 pm (CET)

*Title*: Heat kernel asymptotics for Kohn Laplacians on CR manifolds

*Abstract*: In complex geometry, Demailly and Bismut used the heat kernel
asymptotics for Kodaira Laplacians to establish Morse inequalities on
complex manifolds. It is natural to ask whether one can establish analogies
to Morse inequalities on CR manifolds by studying the asymptotic behaviour
of the heat kernel. In this talk, I will show how to establish the heat
kernel asymptotics for Kohn Laplacian (particularly in the Heisenberg case)
with values in high tensor power of line bundle. As an application, it
provides a heat kernel proof of Morse inequalities on compact CR manifolds.
This is a joint work with Chin-Yu Hsiao.

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Information to attend online*
*Join from the meeting link*
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=md67c08b381ecba355e7dbbf5182fef4a

*Join by meeting number*
Meeting number (access code): 2743 576 9398
Meeting password: aCdBmV6rV73 (22326867 from phones)

Please feel free to forward this information to anyone who might be
interested.

For further information, please visit our website: Geometry at Bicocca
(google.com) <https://sites.google.com/unimib.it/geometryatbicocca>

The organizers: Gianluca Faraco, Andrea Galasso