[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - T.Trauthwein 07/06/2023

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 31 Maggio 2023 16:00:00 CEST

Dear all,

For the *last appointment *(for this year) of the series of seminars
"Insalate di Matematica", *Tara Trauthwein* (Universite´ du Luxembourg)
will give a talk.
The speaker will deliver the talk *in presence* and the meeting will also
be broadcasted *online* (see below for more information).

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *07th of June 2023, 4:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: "Gaussian Approximation for Poisson Functionals"

*Abstract*:Imagine there is a collection of random points in space and a
functional of this collection, for example the total length of some graph
built on it. The question arises whether this functional can be adequately
approximated by the Gaussian normal law when the collection of points is
very large. In this talk, we will make precise what we mean by ‘random
points in space’ (spoiler: a Poisson measure), we will define being
‘adequately approximated’ and most importantly, we will present a method of
proving said adequate approximation, using a technique with a clear
geometric interpretation given our Poisson measure and functional. Time
permitting, we will briefly mention recent work that reduces the
assumptions required in order to apply the method.

*Keywords*:  contact process, noise-induced oscillations, propagation of
chaos, diffusion approximation

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Information to attend online *
*https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=mf20944a583c235fb346ab84ecd7f2c54
<https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=mf20944a583c235fb346ab84ecd7f2c54>*
(Insalate (46725283 from phones))

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica23/
<https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/>

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella, Bianca Marchionna,
Andrea Rivezzi, Simone Blumer, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo
Tarocchi, Marco Zullino.