[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 7 novembre. Thomas Elguedj.

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Lun 6 Nov 2023 17:43:15 CET

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F. Casorati"
e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia.

Martedì 7 novembre 2023, alle* ore 16.00 precise*, presso la sala
conferenze dell'IMATI di Pavia,

Thomas Elguedj (INSA-Lyon)

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Fast simulation of thermoelastic problems using IGA.

Il seminario verrà anche trasmesso in diretta su zoom.
Link Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3375476732?pwd=Y2VJdDBiQytlY0VVR0RCdVdYV01ndz09

Abstract.We are interested in introducing a new computational framework to
decrease significantly the cost of simulation for time dependent thermal,
thermoelastic and thermoelastoplastic problems that arise in particular in
the simulation of welding or additive manufacturing. For that purpose we
use Isogeometric Analysis, weighted quadrature and matrix free approaches
that have been introduced with other types of problems. We will focus in
particular the talk on the introduction of a cheap preconditioned, based on
the Fast Diagonalisation method that exploits the tensor product structure
of the IGA basis functions. We will show that our preconditioner offers
efficiency, cost effectiveness and simplicity in implementation.
Furthermore, it exhibits robustness concerning polynomial degree and mesh
size parameters. We will address both transient heat conduction problems
with variables coefficient, as well as linear elasticity with some
preliminary extensions to elastoplasticity.

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/