[Dottorcomp] Informal Seminar - Alice Vanel - 17.11.2023 2pm

Andrea Moiola andrea.moiola a unipv.it
Gio 9 Nov 2023 13:48:05 CET

Dear all,
The next Very Informal Seminar will be given by Alice Vanel (CERN) at 2 PM
on Friday 17th November, at the IMATI.
Title and abstract below.
Best,
Andrea, Laura, Lorenzo
https://sites.google.com/view/very-informal-seminars

Modal approximation for plasmonic resonators and application to
super-localization

We study the electromagnetic field scattered by a metallic nanoparticle
with dispersive material parameters in a resonant regime. We consider the
particle placed in a homogeneous medium in a low-frequency regime. We
define modes for the non-Hermitian problem as perturbations of
electro-static modes, and obtain a modal approximation of the scattered
field in the frequency domain. The poles of the expansion correspond to the
eigenvalues of a singular boundary integral operator and are shown to lie
in a bounded region near the origin of the lower-half complex plane.
Finally, we show that this modal representation gives a very good
approximation of the field in the time domain. We present numerical
simulations in two dimensions to corroborate our results. We illustrate the
usefulness of our method on the super-localisation of a point-like emitter
in a resonant environment.

--
Andrea Moiola
Dipartimento di Matematica