[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Algebra e Geometria - 31 ottobre 2023

Lidia Stoppino stoppino a gmail.com
Mer 25 Ott 2023 10:32:19 CEST

Il giorno martedė 31 ottobre
alle ore 16,30 in aula Beltrami
(notate giorno e ora non standard!)

il dottor Giancalro Urzuā (Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile)

terrà un seminario dal titolo: Boundedness for T-singularities in KSBA surfaces and the Horikawa’s problem

T-singularities, defined by Kollár–Shepherd-Barron 1988, are the 2-dimensional quotient singularities that admit a smoothing with constant K^2. These singularities are relevant in the Kollár–Shepherd-Barron-Alexeev (KSBA) compactification of the moduli space of surfaces of general type. In a recent joint project (https://arxiv.org/abs/2308.05624) with Fernando Figueroa (PhD student at Princeton University) and Julie Rana (Lawrence University), we effectively bound T-singularities on non-rational projective surfaces W with an arbitrary amount of T-singularities, and K_W ample. This generalizes a previous work together with Julie (https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.02278), passing from 1 to arbitrarily many singularities. We classify all possible geometric situations for which our bound is higher than expected. I will talk about this new paper and future applications on the famous problem about diffeo type of certain Horikawa surfaces.

Tutti gli interessati sono invitati a partecipare.
Chi vuole venire a cena dopo mi scriva.

Lidia Stoppino
Dipartimento di Matematica
Universitā di Pavia