[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Algebra e Geometria - mercoledì 24 aprile 2024

Lidia Stoppino lidia.stoppino a unipv.it
Ven 19 Apr 2024 10:31:59 CEST

Il giorno mercoledì 24 aprile 2024
alle 16,30 in aula Beltrami

Ramesh SREEKANTAN (Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore Centre)

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Enumerative geometry and Algebraic cycles

Abstract:
It is well known that there is a line through 2 points in the plane, a conic through 5 points and nodal cubics through 8 points. In general there are rational curves of degree d through 3d-1 points in a plane. We will show how the existence of these rational curves is related to the existence of higher Chow cycles in families of Kummer surfaces of Abelian surfaces and more generally certain K3 surfaces arising from Del Pezzo surfaces.

As an application we show how these cycles can be used to prove algebraicity of values of higher Green’s functions at CM points along the lines of a conjecture (now a theorem of Li)  of Gross-Zagier and Gross-Kohnen-Zagier.

Tutti gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare.

Chi vuole venire a cena scriva tempestivamente a me, a filippo Favale <filippo.favale a unipv.it> e a Davide Bricalli <davide.bricalli a unipv.it>.

Lidia Stoppino
Dipartimento di Matematica
Università di Pavia
Via Ferrata 5