[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Algebra e Geometria - mercoledì 20 marzo 2024

Lidia Stoppino lidia.stoppino a unipv.it
Gio 14 Mar 2024 17:19:28 CET

Il giorno mercoledì 20 marzo 2023
alle 16,30 in aula Beltrami

La Dott.ssa Carolina Tamborini (Universität Duisburg-Essen)
terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Tautological rings and non-tautological double cover cycles

Abstract: While the full cohomology ring H*(\bar{Mg,n}) of the moduli space of genus g, n-pointed stable curves is generally intractable to study, a distinguished subring RH*(\bar{Mg,n}), called the tautological ring, stands out. This subring admits an explicit set of generators and is rich enough to contain most cohomology classes arising from natural algebraic cycles.
In the seminar, we aim to address the natural question of whether the equality RH*=H* occurs.
 After an introduction on moduli spaces of curves and their tautological rings, I will discuss joint work together with V. Arena, S. Canning, E. Clader, R. Haburcak, A.Q. Li, and S.C. Mok on the construction of many new non-tautological algebraic cohomology classes arising from double cover cycles, generalising previous work by Graber-Pandharipande and van Zelm.

Tutti gli interessati sono cordialmente invitati a partecipare.
Chi vuole venire a cena scriva tempestivamente a me, a filippo Favale <filippo.favale a unipv.it> e a Davide Bricalli <davide.bricalli a unipv.it>.

Lidia Stoppino
Dipartimento di Matematica
Università di Pavia
Via Ferrata 5