[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - L. Marini (Thursday 8/07)

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Ven 2 Lug 2021 10:13:11 CEST

As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, Ludovico
Marini, PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, will
deliver an online talk. Here the details:

*Date and time*: *8th July 2021, 14:00 pm*

*Title*:
*"The Calderón--Zygmund inequality on Riemannian manifolds"*

*Abstract*: The [image: L^p]-Calderón--Zygmund inequality ([image: CZ(p)])
is a global second order regularity estimate for the solution of the
Poisson equation. While [image: CZ(p)] always holds on [image: \mathbb{R}^n],
in a Riemannian setting some geometric assumptions are needed.
In this talk, we will present some existence results, show the
relation of [image:
CZ(p)] to other regularity estimates and discuss its role in proving the
equivalence of different notions of Sobolev spaces.
Finally, we will sketch how to use singular metric spaces in order to
produce some new smooth counterexamples.

*Keywords*: global regularity estimates, Sobolev spaces on manifolds,
singular metric spaces, positive sectional curvature.

The event will be held via Google Meet platform at the following link:
meet.google.com/mxo-zesb-rgy

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini