[Dottorcomp] Fwd: I: Avviso di seminario, nell'ambito delle iniziative del Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Lun 13 Set 2021 10:59:25 CEST

Segnalo il seguente seminario del Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano.

Cordiali saluti,
Stefano Lisini.

*Da:* Irene Maria Sabadini <irene.sabadini a polimi.it>
*Inviato:* mercoledì 8 settembre 2021 21:19
*Oggetto:* Avviso di seminario

Si avvisa che in data 20/9/2021, alle ore 17:00, On line (seguirà link),
nell'ambito delle iniziative del Seminario Matematico e Fisico di Milano,
si svolgerà il seguente seminario:

Landau–Pekar equations and quantum fluctuations for the dynamics of a
polaron
Benjamin Schlein, University of Zurich
In this talk, we are going to discuss the dynamics of a polaron, at large
coupling. For initial data of Pekar product form, with a coherent phonon
field and with the electron minimising the corresponding field energy, we
provide a norm approximation of the evolution, valid up to times quadratic
in the coupling constant. The approximation is given in terms of a Pekar
product state, evolved through the Landau-Pekar equations and corrected by
a Bogoliubov dynamics describing quantum fluctuations. I will explain the
similarities with the study of the evolution of interacting bosons. This
talk is based on joint work with Nikolai Leopold, David Mitrouskas, Simone
Rademacher and Robert Seiringer.