[Dottorcomp] Fwd: Call for applications @ M2L summer school

Luca Franco Pavarino luca.pavarino a unipv.it
Mar 22 Mar 2022 13:36:48 CET

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Da: Matteo Palmonari <matteo.palmonari a unimib.it>
Date: mar 22 mar 2022 alle ore 12:32
Subject: Call for applications @ M2L summer school

Carissimi,

Inoltro a tutti voi una call for application per una summer school su
Machine Learning che si terrà a Settembre in presenza in Bicocca (Milano)
ed è co-organizzzata con ricercatori di Deep Mind. Il programma non è
ancora definitivo, ma gli speaker sono di primo piano e l’anno scorso gli
studenti sono stati molto soddisfatti della scuola (qui quelli
dell’edizione passata:
https://www.m2lschool.org/past-editions/m2l-2021/speakers-2021), anche se
si è dovuta tenere in forma virtuale.

Sentitevi liberi di condividere con vostri studenti e/o assegnisti.

Mancano due settimane alla scadenza per la presentazione delle domande.

Un caro saluto
Matteo

[Apologies for cross-posting]

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS @ M2L 2022

** *Important dates* **

    • Application submission closing date: 1st April 2022
    • Notification of acceptance: 16th May 2022
    • Registration opening date: 16th May 2022
    • Registration closing date: 31st May 2022
    • School dates: 12-16 September 2022

The deadline on each of these dates is *23:59 (AoE)*.
More information and application: https://www.m2lschool.org/application

***Detailed Informations***

The second edition of the *Mediterranean Machine Learning (M2L) summer
school* will be held in *Milan - 12-16 September 2022*, at Università degli
studi Milano-Bicocca. Attendance is completely free for (Bachelor / Master
/ PhD) students, thanks to our *generous sponsors*.

The school will be structured around *5 days of keynotes, lectures and
practical sessions*. The program will include social or cultural activities
to *foster networking*. Participants will be encouraged to (optionally)
present their work at *poster sessions* during the school and to interact
with our sponsors and with each other during the coffee breaks throughout
the week.

The *topics* covered will include computer vision, natural language
processing, generative models, reinforcement learning and real world
applications of deep learning. The *target audience* consists primarily of
Master and Doctoral students, academics, and practitioners from all around
the world, with some exposure to Machine Learning / Deep Learning.
Participants will be selected on the basis of merit and to promote
diversity.

*Diversity* is one of our founding values (e.g., we had equal gender
representation among speakers last year) and we specifically encourage
participants from underrepresented groups to apply.

All information on the school and on past editions can be found on our
website: https://www.m2lschool.org/ <https://www.m2lschool.org/application>

Cheers,
Francesco, on behalf of the M2L organizers
Matteo, Martina, Francesco, Francesco, Andrea
www.m2lschool.org
<https://twitter.com/M2lSchool> <https://fb.me/M2lSchool>