[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - D. Perego 16/11/22

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 9 Nov 2022 10:30:00 CET

As part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, *Davide
Perego*, PhD student at the Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, will
give a talk.
The speaker will deliver the talk *in presence* and the meeting will also
be *broadcasted online* (see below for more information).

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *16th of** November 2022, 4:00 pm (CET)*

*Title*: *"**Growing Trees and Coding in a Hyperbolic Farm"*

*Abstract*: After introducing trees, we will define hyperbolic graphs as a
slight generalization of them, together with their features.
Then, we will see a couple of ways to associate trees to hyperbolic graphs
and we will explore this connection in the case of hyperbolic groups. In
particular, we will consider trees as languages, provide an idea of
automata and use them for our geometric purpose.

*Keywords*: trees - hyperbolic graphs - automata

*Information to attend in room 2107*
The seminar will take place in room 2107, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca* (be careful with the change of
usual room)*.

*Information to attend online*
The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following link:
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m0b98c645a801da429cf5e488d11baa9c
 (*Password*: Insalate)

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment. We are looking
forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it.

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella, Bianca Marchionna,
Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo Tarocchi, Marco
Zullino.