[Dottorcomp] Seminari di Matematica Applicata. Martedì 18 aprile. Jürgen Sprekels.

Stefano Lisini stefano.lisini a unipv.it
Gio 13 Apr 2023 12:11:39 CEST

Seminari di Matematica Applicata, Dipartimento di Matematica "F. Casorati"
e Istituto del CNR IMATI "E. Magenes" di Pavia.

Martedì 18 aprile 2023, alle ore 15.00 precise, presso l'aula Beltrami del
Dipartimento di Matematica,

Jürgen Sprekels (WIAS and HU Berlin)

terrà un seminario dal titolo:

Sparse optimal control of singular Allen-Cahn systems with dynamic boundary
conditions.

Il seminario verrà anche trasmesso in diretta su zoom.

Link Zoom:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87518137128?pwd=eHg2eG9QZUdydFJEU1NESWN5a1lPQT09

Abstract.

In this talk, we study an optimal control problem for the Allen-Cahn
equation with logarithmic potential and dynamic boundary condition. In
contrast to the related work of Colli-Sprekels (SICON 2015), the cost
functional contains a nondifferentiable term that enhances sparsity.  Upon
showing the differentiability of the control-to-state operator by means of
the implicit function theorem, we derive first-order necessary conditions
for local minimizers, which are used to establish conditions that
characterize the occurrence of either sparsity in time or total sparsity.
We also establish second-order sufficient conditions for local minimizers
in terms of a coercivity condition for the second Fréchet derivative of the
differentiable part of the cost functional on a “small“ critical cone. This
is joint work with Fredi Tröltzsch (TU Berlin).

Pagina web dei Seminari di Matematica Applicata
https://matematica.unipv.it/ricerca/cicli-di-seminari/seminari-di-matematica-applicata/