[Dottorcomp] Venerdi 15 Settembre 2 Seminari di Analisi Matematica

Antonio Segatti antonio.segatti a unipv.it
Gio 7 Set 2023 20:41:24 CEST

Cari tutti,

Il giorno Venerdi 15 Settembre, a partire dalle ore 14.45 precise, avremo
il piacere di ospitare, nell'Aula Beltrami del Dipartimento di Matematica
''F. Casorati'' (ed in streaming su zoom) i seminari di

              Elena Bonetti (Università di Milano) & Ulisse Stefanelli
(Università di Vienna)

Al termine, alle 17.30, è previsto un aperitivo al Campus Aquae.

La S.V. è cortesemente invitata.

Per motivi organizzativi, vi chiediamo cortesemente di confermare la vostra
partecipazione entro Martedi 12 Settembre.

cordialmente,

a.s.

Il programma dettagliato è il seguente

14.45 Introduzione di Gianni Gilardi

15.00 Elena Bonetti (University of Milan)
Title: Memory & Transition, a PDE theory for evolution
Abstract: We present a survey of nonlinear evolution PDE systems describing
phase transitions in different physical situations, in the case when some
memory effect is included. Pierluigi Colli is one of the main authors in
this field, from thermal memory in phase transitions to shape memory alloys
models. We also discuss some recent contributions concerning memory effects
in damage of historical buildings, mainly due to pollution interacting with
mechanical forces. The resulting system combines bulk and surface equations
and highly nonlinear coupling terms. In this case the introduction of a
memory term is necessary to get an existence result for the evolution
system.

16.00 Ulisse Stefanelli (University of Vienna)
Title: Some existence results in the mechanics of growth
Abstract:
Growth is a fundamental process in biological systems, as well as in
various technological applications, including epitaxial deposition and
additive manufacturing. The interaction between growth and mechanics in
deformable bodies gives rise to a wealth of very challenging mathematical
questions. I intend to provide a brief overview of the fundamental concepts
of morphoelasticity, namely, the theory of elastic deformations in growing
bodies. In contrast to the classical case, the reference state of a growing
body evolves over time, possibly in response to external stimuli and
stress. In some situations, this calls for a free-boundary formulation, for
the actual shape of the undeformed body is also unknown. I plan to discuss
two distinct scenarios: bulk growth and surface accretion, each posing
specific challenges. The focus will be the development of a variational
framework where the existence of three-dimensional, quasistatic
morphoelastic evolution can be proved. This is work in collaboration with
Elisa Davoli (TU Vienna), Katerina Nik (University of Vienna), and Giuseppe
Tomassetti (Roma 3).

17.30 Aperitivo

Zoom Link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2977612870

ID riunione: 297 761 2870

--

Università degli Studi di Pavia, Dipartimento di Matematica
Via Ferrata 5. 27100 - Pavia - Italia