[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - C. Perinati 14/02/24

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 7 Feb 2024 12:58:32 CET

Dear all,

For the *next appointment* of the series of seminars "Insalate di
Matematica", *Chiara Perinati* (Università degli Studi di Pavia) will give
a talk.
The speaker will deliver the talk *in presence* and the meeting will also
be broadcasted *online* (see below for more information).

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *14th of February 2024, 4:30 pm (CET)*

*Title*: "A quasi-Trefftz discontinuous Galerkin method for the
diffusion-advection-reaction equation with piecewise-smooth coefficients"

*Abstract*: Trefftz schemes are high-order Galerkin methods whose discrete
functions are elementwise exact solutions of the underlying PDE. When the
equation has varying coefficients, exact solutions are generally
unavailable, making the construction of discrete Trefftz spaces impossible.
To overcome this limitation, quasi-Trefftz methods rely on elementwise
"approximate solutions" of the PDE. The main advantage of these schemes
over more classical ones is the higher accuracy for comparable numbers of
degrees of freedom. In this talk, we will describe a polynomial
quasi-Trefftz space, its optimal approximation properties and provide a
simple algorithm to compute the discrete functions. We will focus on a
quasi-Trefftz DG method for the diffusion-advection-reaction equation,
showing stability, high-order convergence and some numerical experiments.

*Keywords:* quasi-Trefftz method, DG method, diffusion-advection-reaction
equation

*Information to attend in room U4-04*
The seminar will take place in room U4-04, at the building U4-Tellus,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Information to attend online*
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m101728a0c0258813b6aa97783fb11fad
(password: insalate, 46725283 from phones)

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica23/
<https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/>

The organizers: Ettore Marmo, Simone Gallivanone, Fabio Mastrogiacomo,
Marco Fusari, Tommaso Toti and Matteo Tarocchi.