[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - S. Billi 28/02/24

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 28 Feb 2024 09:54:19 CET

Dear all,

We remind you *today*'s appointment of the series of seminars "Insalate di
Matematica".
Here are the details:

*Speaker*: *Simone Billi* (Università degli Studi di Genova)

*Date and time*: *28th of February 2024, 4:30 pm (CET)*

*Title*: "Integral lattices and cubic fourfolds with prime-order
non-symplectic automorphisms"

*Abstract*: Much information about the geometry of a cubic fourfold Y is
encoded in the Hodge decomposition of cohomology group H^4(Y, C). The
integral cohomology H^4(Y, Z) endowed with the Poincaré pairing forms an
integral lattice, the Torelli theorem asserts that the sublattice of
algebraic classes uniquely determines the cubic. In a work in progress with
A. Grossi, we compute the algebraic lattice of a general cubic fourfold
with a non-symplectic automorphism of order 3. This allows us to formulate
geometrical considerations and deduce the rationality of the cubic in some
cases

*Keywords:* Integral lattices, cubic fourfold, automorphisms

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Information to attend online*
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m101728a0c0258813b6aa97783fb11fad
(password: insalate, 46725283 from phones)
<https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m3c536ba5a33f71bb9d6a3bc9b00992ad>

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica23/
<https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/>

The organizers: Ettore Marmo, Simone Gallivanone, Fabio Mastrogiacomo,
Marco Fusari, Tommaso Toti and Matteo Tarocchi.