[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - C. Novarini (reminder)

Francesca Cottini f.cottini2 a campus.unimib.it
Gio 18 Feb 2021 09:46:00 CET

Dear all,

as a part of the series of seminars *"Insalate di Matematica"*, we remind
you that today there will be a seminar held by Chiara Novarini (University
of Vienna). Here the details:

*Google Meet access link*: https://meet.google.com/dmz-peya-qzm

*Date and time*: *18th* *February 2021, 2:00 pm *

*Speaker*: *Chiara Novarini (University of Vienna)*

*Title*: *"Double affine Hecke algebras and their representations"*

*Abstract*: Double affine Hecke algebras (DAHAs) were introduced by
Cherednik in the late '80s to study Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations. They
gained popularity as they were used by Cherednik himself to prove
Macdonald's constant term conjecture about Macdonald polynomials.
Since then, the theory of DAHAs has been connected to several areas of
Mathematics, such as Geometry, Knot Theory, Quantum Algebra and
Combinatorics.
In the first part of the talk, we will see how to construct step by step
the [image: GL_n] DAHA by gluing two copies of the affine Hecke algebra.
We will then move on to focus our attention on some special DAHA
representations and study the combinatorial objects that can be used to
describe them.
Finally, we will see how this class of representations is related to the
theory of quantum groups and take a look at the most recent developments in
this direction.

*Keywords*: DAHA, Quantum Groups, Representation Theory.

*** We inform you that this talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the seminar after the starting time, we kindly ask you
to ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

We are looking forward to seeing you.

The organizers: Luigi Appolloni, Federico Bernini, Francesca Cottini, Luca
Di Gravina, Ludovico Marini