[Dottorcomp] Fwd: Aujourd'hui vendredi 24 février 2023 à 14h au Séminaire du LJLL : Shi Jin (exposé avec diffusion simultanée par Zoom)

Lorenzo Tamellini tamellini a imati.cnr.it
Ven 24 Feb 2023 07:34:05 CET

Buongiorno a tutt*,

ricevo e inoltro l'avviso di seminario qui sotto.

Buona giornata,
Lorenzo Tamellini

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Da: Seminaire du Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions <
Seminaire-du-LJLL a ann.jussieu.fr>
Date: ven 24 feb 2023 alle ore 00:52
Subject: Aujourd'hui vendredi 24 février 2023 à 14h au Séminaire du LJLL :
Shi Jin (exposé avec diffusion simultanée par Zoom)

*Aujourd'hui vendredi 24 février 2023 à 14h au Séminaire du Laboratoire
Jacques-Louis Lions *

*Shi Jin* (Université Jiao Tong, Shanghai)

*Quantum computation of partial differential equations *

*Résumé*
Quantum computers have the potential to gain algebraic and even up to
exponential speed up compared with their classical counterparts, and can
lead to technology revolution in the 21st century. Since quantum computers
are designed based on quantum mechanics principle, they are most suitable
to solve the Schrödinger equation, and linear PDEs (and ODEs) evolved by
unitary operators. The most efficient quantum PDE solver is quantum
simulation based on solving the Schrödinger equation. It became challenging
for general PDEs, more so for nonlinear ones. Our talk will cover three
topics:
1) We introduce the “warped phase transform” to map general linear PDEs and
ODEs to Schrödinger equation or with unitary evolution operators in higher
dimension so they are suitable for quantum simulation.
2) For (nonlinear) Hamilton-Jacobi equation and scalar nonlinear hyperbolic
equations we use the level set method to map them-exactly-to phase space
linear PDEs so they can be implemented with quantum algorithms and we gain
quantum advantages for various physical and numerical parameters.
3) For PDEs with uncertain coefficients, we introduce a transformation so
the uncertainty only appears in the initial data, allowing us to compute
ensemble averages with multiple initial data with just one run, instead of
multiple runs as in Monte-Carlo or stochastic collocation type sampling
algorithms.

*L'exposé **sera donné en personne de 14h à 15h dans** la salle du
séminaire du Laboratoire Jacques-Louis Lions*
Campus Jussieu, Sorbonne Université, 4 place Jussieu, Paris 5ème,
barre 15-16, 3ème étage, salle 09 (15-16-3-09).
*L'exposé sera également diffusé simultanément par Zoom.*

*Identifiants de connexion Zoom :*
*Date et heure :* Vendredi 24 février 2023 14h00-15h00 (heure de Paris)