[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - B. Marchionna 11/1/2023

Mbs Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 11 Gen 2023 12:36:10 CET

Dear all,

We remind you the upcoming talk of "Insalate di Matematica".
Here the details:

*Speaker*: Bianca Marchionna (Universität Bielefeld & Università degli
Studi di Milano Bicocca)

*Date and time*: *11th of January 2023, 5:00 pm (CET)*

*Information to attend*
*In presence*: The seminar will take place in room 2109, at the building
U5-Ratio, Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca* (be careful with the
change of usual room)*.
*Online*: The seminar will be streamed via Webex platform at the following
link: *https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=md5d2ff82980593d747d5fb5f2d0aa084
<https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=md5d2ff82980593d747d5fb5f2d0aa084>*
(Password:
Insalate (46725283 from phones))

*Title*: "An introduction to zeta functions"

*Abstract*: A zeta function is a function in the complex variable
[image: s] defined
by a Dirichlet series [image: \sum_{n=1}^{+\infty} a_n n^{-s}]. The first
example has been the Riemann zeta function, a kind of prototype for the
whole theory. More examples can be generated whenever the [image: a_n]'s count
prescribed subobjects of a given structure (e.g., subgroups of index [image:
n] in a group, loops of length [image: n] in a graph ...).
The seminar aims at giving an overview on the world of zeta functions and
on some of the most common methods used wherein, with a particular emphasis
on Group Theory. After a brief introduction on Dirichlet series, the
discussion will vary from classical results to more recent developments and
works in progress.

*Keywords*: asymptotic algebra, Dirichlet series, group theory, zeta
functions

*** We inform you that the talk will be recorded and uploaded on our
website. If you join the talk after the starting time, we kindly ask you to
ensure that your microphone and webcam are turned off ***

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/.

The organizers: Andrea Bisterzo, Alberto Cassella, Bianca Marchionna,
Andrea Rivezzi, Giovanni Siclari, Marta Tameni, Matteo Tarocchi, Marco
Zullino.