[Dottorcomp] Insalate di Matematica - M. Vergani 17/01/24

Insalate Di Matematica insalate.matematica a unimib.it
Mer 10 Gen 2024 10:58:45 CET

Dear all,

For the *next appointment* of the series of seminars "Insalate di
Matematica", *Marco Vergani* (Università degli Studi di Firenze) will give
a talk.
The speaker will deliver the talk *in presence* and the meeting will also
be broadcasted *online* (see below for more information).

Here the details:

*Date and time*: *17th of January 2024, 4:30 pm (CET)*

*Title*: "Rationality of finite groups: groups with low-in-index fields of
values"

*Abstract*: The interplay between groups and fields has been subject of
study for centuries. With the rise of representation theory we were able to
consider groups as acting over vector spaces in a natural way, creating a
new possible connection that relates the irreducibile actions to the field
generated by the trace of the representation. Those fields give us a lot of
information about the group itself. In this seminar we will focus on groups
with field of values that are quadratic extensions of the rationals and we
will define tools that allow us to detect how far the group is from a
rational action.

*Keywords:* Finite groups, representation theory, quasi-rational groups,
cut groups,Gruenberg-Kegel graph.

*Information to attend in room 3014*
The seminar will take place in room 3014, at the building U5-Ratio,
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca.

*Information to attend online*
https://unimib.webex.com/unimib/j.php?MTID=m101728a0c0258813b6aa97783fb11fad
(password: insalate, 46725283 from phones)

You can find the poster of the event in the attachment.
We are looking forward to seeing you!

For further information, please visit our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/insalate-di-matematica or contact us at
insalate.matematica a unimib.it. Find us also on our Instagram page:
https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica23/
<https://www.instagram.com/insalate_di_matematica22/>

The organizers: Ettore Marmo, Simone Gallivanone, Fabio Mastrogiacomo,
Marco Fusari, Tommaso Toti and Matteo Tarocchi.